(1) Association members shall be legal person members registered in the member registration book and natural persons who are representatives of the legal person members. Membership of the members registered in the member registration book is permanent but terminates when they resign or membership requirements are no longer met.
(2) Legal person members shall assign a person as their representative before each General Assembly meeting and shall notify the authorities of the Association of this assignment with a letter and an authorized signatures list attached.
(3) Membership requirements:
(a) To have legal capacity; (b) To be an organization established as per the provisions of Turkish Commercial Code and engaged in refining, processing, fuel and/or LPG distribution, storage, transportation, Biofuels, bunker fuel, and lubricant production licensed by Republic of Turkey Energy Market Regulatory Authority as per Petroleum Market Law no.5015 dated 20 December 2003 or Liquefied Petroleum Gases (LPG) Market Law no.5307 dated 13 March 2005; (c) To have the business conduct and ethics compliance contract prepared by the Board of Directors signed by company authorities and implement this contract; (d) To have been deemed by the Board of Directors to be carrying out activities in line with rules of ethics in the industry, to have adopted measures against unregistered or contraband activities, to be avoiding implementations leading to unfair competition, to have formed a widely believed and reliable identity on having been carrying out activities in line with laws and rules; (e) To have no members in the Boards of Directors and Executives against whom a final judgment of contraband operations or crimes of moral turpitude exists.
(4) Admission to membership is subject to unanimous approval of the Board of Directors of the Association. It must be documented that the applicant has fulfilled the requirements specified in Article 5(2) during application to membership. The membership application shall be approved unanimously by the Board of Directors if such requirements are met and provisions of this paragraph are adhered to.
The Board of Directors shall decide on the applications of legal person members within 30 days following the date of application and notify the applicant in writing. Legal person members of the Association shall be represented by a representative and exercise all their rights through the representative.
(5) Termination of membership; (a) Association membership shall be terminated by Board of Directors decision if any member, including the founding members, becomes unable to fulfill the requirements specified in Article 5(2) above or resigns from membership. If such a member subsequently becomes compliant to the said requirements, the member may be admitted to membership once again by Board of Directors decision or a new member may be admitted to membership instead by Board of Directors decision. (b) Upon resolution of the Board of Directors regarding the termination of membership due to failure to fulfill the membership requirements, failure to meet the membership requirements listed in Article 5(2), action against the objectives of the Association or failure to pay membership dues. (c) In the event that a conviction by final judgment due to contraband operations or crimes of moral turpitude of members of the Board of Directors and Executives or Association representatives of the member entity exists. (d) Upon departure of those serving as representatives of legal person members from the member entity they represent or upon written notification by the member entity that the representation capacity of the person representing it and hence his assignment in the Board of Directors or other bodies of the Association has been terminated. (e) Nobody may be forced to become a member of the Association and any member may withdraw from membership at any time at his own discretion.
(6) Types of Membership: Types of membership to the Association are as follows: Ordinary Members: Ordinary membership is bestowed on those whose membership has been duly approved by the authorized body.
Honorary Members: Upon unanimous approval of the Board of Directors, honorary membership may be bestowed on persons or organizations which have provided financial, moral and scientific support towards realizing the objectives of the Association. Honorary members may attend General Assembly meetings as observers upon approval of the Board of Directors. However, they do not have the right to vote or to be elected as a member of Association bodies.
(7) Honorary members may be granted ordinary membership after reasonable time upon unanimous approval of the Board of Directors.