Turkish Oil Industry Association, PETDER, was established on September 1996 through a consortium of leading fuel distribution companies actively participating in the Turkish Oil Market with the aim of forming a non-governmental organization supporting a spectrum of business activities in the downstream oil industry.
Currently, PETDER holds 15 member companies which regularly meet to participate in PETDER’s Committee Meetings to discuss issues ranging from Laws to logistics. Present PETDER members include Alpet, Aytemiz, Belgin, BP, Gulf, ExxonMobil, Opet, Petline, Petroyağ, Petrol Ofisi, Shell, Shell & Turcas, Total and Turkuaz.
PETDER, at the epicenter of the oil sector, commits itself to
– representing the industry in every aspect possible,
– mitigating solution scenarios to the sector’s problems,
– forming a network between the private and public sector as well as the media,
– enforcing highest HSE standards and nurturing a social responsibility conscience within the industry.
PETDER’s main work areas involve
– the provision of the sale and economic supply of gasoline, LPG and lubricants oils,
– maintenance of transparent, fair and stable industrial environment,
– prevention of unfair competition,
– preservation of consumer and human rights,
– amelioration of industrial standards within the sector.
Studies and developments are periodically published in detail by sector reports and monthly bulletins.
PETDER is in collaboration with “FuelsEurope” that represents the Europian oil sector.
Waste Oil Management Project
In 2004, PETDER initiated an important environmental project which is working towards the collection of waste engine oils all over Turkey to recycle as energy or to dispose properly in cooperation with firms licensed by the Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning. At present, PETDER stands as the only authorized body responsible for the collection of waste engine oils in Turkey. To carry this project a step further, PETDER together with the Ministry, has introduced “One Barrel One tree” campaign in September 2, 2010 to work towards creating a forest by planting a tree for each collected barrel of waste engine oil.
Management System Certification
PETDER has been the first non-governmental organization in Turkey in 2012 who was certified in “Quality, Environment and Work Health” areas with TS EN ISO 9001, TS EN ISO 14001 and TS 18001.
PETDER certifying its Association activities and “Waste Oil Management” works under the supervision of TÜRKAK by S&Q Mart Certification Institution aims at continuing its committed policies.